Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: ETISALAT

Re: BBM between z10 devices not working...?

hisham2k wrote:
I had the same problem until I canceled BIS service, after that BBM worked all the time

Hi Hisham,

When you said that you cancelled you BIS service and BBM started woking properly, what exactly do you mean.

Is your BBM now working on simple data connection or did you re-register BIS plan after 24hrs?

Please reply as I'm facing rediculous issues here with Etisalat.

Thanks & regards

Deven

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN

On my Z10 When I'm connected to WiFi everything works, bbm, e-mails, browsing etc. but when I turn of my wifi its as if I "don't have BIS" so to speak, everything doesn't work even though my signal connection says E in a capital letter (EDGE). Please help
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10

BIS is not supported on OS10 devices. BIS is access to the blackberry infrastructure allowing access to EMAILs services hosting withing the blackberry infrastructure.

Although email, browings works outside of wifi coverage, you do require APN access to the blackberry infrastructure to access BBM's servers.

EDGE in capital means that you have access to the DATA NETWORK of your carrier but BBM needs access to the Blackberry's server, therefor you do require to have your DATA PLAN modify to support APN access to Blackberry's servers.

The same DATA PLAN would normally give you access to BIS but it is not required on OS 10 devices since BIS is not supported. But it is required for BBM.

Have the Blackberry APN added to your subsciber's profile and BBM will work.

Let me know...

Regards,

If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got. [Albert Einstein]