Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: att, tmo usa, vodafone cz, orange sk

BBMAPS still neglects half of EU, despite claiming support on their page.

If you live or travel to Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Cyprus, Romania than be prepared to not have a map application despite the BB webpage clearly saying you are supported: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/20079177/?lang=us#

you are also **bleep**ed if you are in Russia, Ukraine, India, China, South Korea and Japan.

Basically in 2013, on their premier "business" device you can't travel and get directions somewhere, despite them claiming "You're good!" before you fork out 600 Dollars on a new Q10.

Absolutely unacceptable.  Fix it please.  I never would have purchased this device if i had known it had less map support than my 8320 from 2008.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: att, tmo usa, vodafone cz, orange sk

Re: BBMAPS still neglects half of EU, despite claiming support on their page.

[ Edited ]

The best bridge solution i have found is to create an account at nokia maps. www.here.com and access their page on your BB10 device, m.here.com, log in and then you can create a homescreen icon from the broswer options.  This works pretty well in the browser and also is fairly feature rich (public transport lines are very well displayed in european cities).

GL everyone.  Hopefully Nokia will just bring their map app to bb10.  It's probably the best thing we could hope for since we know RIM wont get their maps up to par.