Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

BlackBerry Maps Not Working Right

Dear BlackBerry World Community Support

I have been asking if there is an update or upgrade for your application.

I was trying to use my navigation to get to a part of the UK day before yesterday and found that, beofre I set off, the application would turn off and my phone would be back on the home screen.

Today I was trying to use it again and found that it was zig zaging me arounf to get to a straight destination.

I have added some images of the maps and the directions being produced.IMG_00000670.png

IMG_00000671.png

IMG_00000672.png

To make matters worse, I could not unistall it to reinstall it again.

I hope someone can help me with why this is happening, please.

Yours sincerely

JTV

JTValerie
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry Maps Not Working Right

Hello,

Based on the wording of your question, I feel the need to set your expectations correctly. (And, also for the benefit of any new members who may read your post.)

jtv wrote:

Dear BlackBerry World Community Support

I have been asking if there is an update or upgrade for your application.

Please understand that this site is a user-to-user community of volunteers; it is not a formal channel for any communications with, escalations to, nor support from BlackBerry for any purpose whatsoever. Such is documented in the Ts and Cs that all agree to when joining here, and supported by this banner displayed at the top of nearly every page of this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

Consequently, if your desire is to request support from BlackBerry on this, escalate this to BlackBerry in a formal fashion, or otherwise communicate with BlackBerry for this, then you have sadly chosen the wrong channel for that, as this site is not for that purpose. The proper channel for application support is as listed in the information for the app itself, normally visible in AppWorld. If it's truly a BB-developed app, then support and escalation are obtained via the formal support channels -- your carrier, authorized original reseller, or authorized service center...it varies by region and issue, but each have the ability to formally escalate cases up to BlackBerry that require such support.

Please understand that you may well understand these conditions already, but if newer members come along and read your post as worded, they may obtain from it an incorrect assumption as to how this site is intended to function, which would be doing those new members no good at all.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

Re: BlackBerry Maps Not Working Right

Dear Sdgardne

Am so sorry about my wording and I think not being in the forum for a little while, I think I got carried away.

I thank you for your directions in this matter and will soon take that option as soon as I am able to.

I have written to the developers concerning this matter and as thought, some direction has come of it.

I will contact my provider for help with this application.

My sincere apologies Sdgardne 

JTValerie