Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 • Bold9900 • PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

BlackBerry World on Z10

I have been having problems downloading from BlackBerry World.

On Friday, when I clicked the UPGRADE button, it would generate an error "An error has occurred processing your request."  It would also do this when attempting to download new apps.  Sometimes the DOWNLOAD or UPGRADE buttons wouldn't show and when I went to the Downloads screen, there were no apps listed.  The problem existed via both WiFi and the Mobile Network (Bell Mobility). 

Today, I shut down and pulled the battery and then I found a few downloads in the downloads screen, but they didn't have app names, and just said Download Pending for every one and never progressed.  Cancelling the downloads and trying to download/upgrade any new items would just give the "download starting" message, the "Download" button would grey out and could not be used again, but if you go to Downloads, there's nothing there (having cancelled the previous items).   Went to an item that I previously tried to download and clicked the Download button and it reports "You are already downloading this item", but again, swiping down shows "0 Downloads" active.

Just restarted the device (using the Restart button) and now all free apps do not have download or upgrade buttons, while paid apps have a green button with their price.  Shut down, pulled battery, restarted, still no buttons for free apps.  3 "downloads pending" from previous attempts.

My world isn't working at all. When I go to display "My apps and games" I get the spinning blue circle and it never loads. Updating apps is not possible right now either. I would like to just delete blackberry world and reinstall but I don't know how. 

BlackBerry World 4.2.1.87

BlackBerry Z10, Model STL100-3

OS Version 10.0.9.2372, Build 415323

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 Black, Blackberry Z10 Developer
My Carrier: digi

Re: BlackBerry World on Z10

I have the same issue, got my new z10 went into the blackberry world tries to download app and it says an error have occured processing your request but did not indicate what was the issue. need help on this. thank you.

New Contributor

Is the only solution to WIPE the device and start over?  What would be the recommended steps?  Would I be able to backup and restore and expect a different result? 

Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Bump. Same issue here too. I'm getting frustrated with the BlackBerry world and blackberry link. Nothing seems to be working.

I have also verified that I have the latest software
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Hey Baumanns,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

When you have this issue what type of network coverage do you have? Can you I have you Open BlackBerry World> Swipe down from the Top> Select Settings> Select Network and Data Limits> Is Use Wi-Fi only selected?

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

I'm going to say mine is not selected.

And I have tried selecting it and connecting to wifi and the download still doesn't start. BlackBerry world tells me I have a pending download but the download bar is not even showing the name of the item I have selected to download and the bar is not moving.
Contributor

I wish I can attach some pictures to show you what I'm talking about
New Contributor

Hi Hatchback, thanks for the reply.

Use Wi-Fi Only: OFF

I have also tried this both while connected to Wi-Fi and when not connected. 

Currently, my status is:  no Upgrade or Download button on free apps, two active downloads from yesterday with status "Download Pending" - no app image, no name, no progress.  If I reboot the device, I'll probably get those buttons back.

New Contributor

Thought I'd test the reboots again.  Turning off and back on didn't change anything, so I tried pulling the battery again.  This time, it worked!  When I went back to downloads, I had two items downloading, including a new download of The Globe and Mail, which seemed to stop at 100% progress on the install step.  I then checked My World and did UPGRADE ALL and it quickly upgraded about a dozen apps.  I also went and downloaded a new app and it showed the progress on the app page, which wasn't happening before, and installed fine. Smiley Happy

The only remaining issue is that the Globe and Mail app appears to have installed successfully (I can launch it), but it still shows as installing.  There doesn't seem to be a method of clearing this item.

I hope that an issue was found and resolved and that others experiencing this issue will be able to have the same success by shutting down, pulling the battery and restarting.

Contributor

Solution found.

I was so fed up with BlackBerry World because everything was working perfectly right after I performed a system wipe. I thought this is it no more problem but the same issue happened again. Did the soft restart and battery pull did not help. So I pulled my sim card and my sd card and the upgrade to the blackberry world started downloading.

My hypothesis is that the system doesn't recognize which storage to store the download. However I think this is stupid if BlackBerry can't solve this. What is the point of having a SD card slot that will cause problems to BlackBerry World.