Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: ee
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry z10 banking applications

When will the blackberry z10 have mobile banking applications
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry z10 banking applications

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It already does! I just did a search (using "banking") and found several (too many to count). Have you searched for the one you desire?

If the one you want is not listed, then you need to push the app developer for it...BlackBerry does not "pull" applications from anyone, rather the developers make the choice as to what platforms they will support. If the developer of the banking app you desire has chosen not to support BB10, then it's that developer to whom you should be making your inquiry.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: ee

Thanks
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

Dear sdgardne

I have been been wondering about the bank apps when I upgraded from my Torch 9800 the the Z10 this time last year.

I thought it was just due to developments were in their young stages and yes, it seems there is loads of banks, but none what anyone recognies; Lloyds, HSBS, Barclays, Natwest, Halifax, as I rekon these are world wide and I do believe are the biggest banks.

Out of all the banks we recognise is Santander.

This is what the review said:

BB Bank.png 

Regardless of the political world wide situation the banks have given us, these banks are what are recognised and these banks are known and trusted for their security.

I had both Lloyds and Barclays mobile apps and then the Barclays Pinget came.

About two weeks before I upgraded to my Z10, my Torch 9800 had been lost, to my displeasure I had lost a beautiful update of the Barclays Pinget App that came to that device.

Since then I have been waiting to see if our beloved BB will create the platform for such secure apps.

May I ask sdgardne, when you say developers, are we talking BlackBerry developers or the bank developers.

I feel like our beloved BlackBerry is pulling out of world affairs, well that's what my eyes precieve but my hearts differs on the platform of trust and hope.

Is BlackBerry closing to the open market and preparing to just settle for the enterprise world, if the latter, I will be saving my BB device for when my work status moves up it's level, as this is the only device I feel secure with, but I do hope this is not the direction BlackBerry is taking.

Yes there are lots of bank applications, but I don't believe most of your dedicated BB users trust them.

Your sincerely

jtv

JTValerie
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

jtv wrote:

May I ask sdgardne, when you say developers, are we talking BlackBerry developers or the bank developers.

It is the bank developers...or whoever they pay to develop their app. BB develops very few apps directly. The rest are the choice of the specific app developer to decide what platform(s) they will support and then to push them out through whatever channels they choose.

jtv wrote:

Is BlackBerry closing to the open market and preparing to just settle for the enterprise world, if the latter, I will be saving my BB device for when my work status moves up it's level, as this is the only device I feel secure with, but I do hope this is not the direction BlackBerry is taking.

By no means do I interpret that BB is "closing to the open market" to support only enterprise. Witness the tremendous flexibility of BB10 to run native Android apps! If enterprise were the sole focus, I cannot see how such a capability would be allowed to exist at all. So, I interpret that BB is attempting to provide a platform that is attractive for app developers to provide support for.

The complicating factor, as far as I understand it (I'm not a developer), is that apps developed for the legacy BBOS platform cannot be simply ported over to BB10. Rather, they must be completely re-written from scratch since BB10 is a revolutionary change from legacy BBOS rather than a simpler evolutionary change. Hence, the choice app developers make is more challenging, for the work effort they must expend is greater. But, that remains their (the developers) choice to make, not BBs.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Super Contributor

Dear sdgardne

Thank you so much for your swift reply.

When it comes to the developers, we their customers have to urge them to keep their customers faithfully.

What brought this subject to my attention to write about it, was seeing the BBC news today and there stating that more and more customers are using their mobiles for banking.

On the point of closing to the open market, it is nice that BB10 are able to run Android apps on our BBs, but the same cannot be said for visa versa apart from the BBM.

Here in the UK, every advert, whether billboard, TV, paper, books and the Internet; all show Apple and Android as the soul source of any information to be found, will be with these said devices.

BB has not been mentioned for some time now, and it is frustrating seeing this.

To me, it is very much a worry and a cause for concern.

I know we have come off the original subject but am sure that this lack of interest in the world wide attention, is a contributory factor.

As a user of BB and often having to help others with their devices, BB will always come first on my list for customers self care for the expert and beginners who cares about their security in the world of IT.

The other devices just don't give that not even the impression.

I truly hope that BB will be if not at the top, at least side by side with its competitors.

JTV

JTValerie
Hall of Famer III

BB is in the midst of a tremendous turnaround attempt...such things take a long time, usually measured in years. Patience and persistence will be the keys to success. There will be many ups and downs along the way, and there will always remain those who predict that BB will die (or is already dead, as some say!). Patience is needed on our part if we wish to see the ultimate re-emergence of BB as a primary provider or devices and services for the mobile market. They remain the most secure available...but at present the marketing pundits for their competitors are able to suppress that particular message. Patience...patience...but also persistence (with the app developer community to convince them to buy into the BB10 platform and again distribute apps for it).

Super Contributor

Dear sdgardne

how you have replenished my heart and soul.

If you were near, I'd marry you; well I'd at least think about it 

Yes, Great and Good things come to though that got the patients

Soldiers Keep IT Moving

Thank you sdgardne

JTValerie
Hall of Famer III

You are very welcome. Enjoy!

Developer
My Device: PassPort, Z30
My Carrier: Bell

You should install Snap and/or 1mobile Market on your Z10. These apps will allow you to install Android apps directly to your Z10. There will be more banking apps in the Android store.