Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry App World Not Working in Q10 !

But alas not for BlackBerry World it's a system App.

I am not sure if this is an App problem that many have or a system problem. Either way, as you cannot download this App nor install it using USB and as it's not available via the mobile download site, I can see the only way to fix this is via an update put out by Blackberry.

Anyone got any other ideas? I am obviously not alone here.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Yup...you are correct...sorry that I missed that bit. I'm running out of ideas, other than drastic ones...

So, drastic ideas are 1) ensuring that your base OS is up to date, followed by 2) conducting a WIPE, followed by 3) conducting a full OS reload. All painful, but also all that I can think of.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Mmm. I got to that too. Going to wait a day however as if it is an issue that is wider they may put out a mini upgrade to fix it as they have before.

Problem with a full OS reload is blackberry world is a part of it and there is nothing to say I won't just put the same file back!

I have tried a few other things too. I tried a hard reboot followed by going to Blackberry world from music. I thought it was going to start but then died, went further though, I saw the GUI. I think this could be something at BlackBerry gone wrong.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

It could be, but I doubt it. I have the latest BBW (4.4.0.54) on both my Z10 and my Q10, and it has no issues at all. And reports here on the forums are not, as far as I can tell, widespread. And reports I have from other channels do not replicate this issue. So, it's impossible to judge how widespread it is.

Further, reports here on this site don't actually get anything formally lodged to BlackBerry for action. Rather, following the formal support channel does that -- which, for this, starts with the mobile service provider, who escalates the case up to BlackBerry for formal attention.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Would you suggest a factory reset from Link or. System wipe first from unit.

Tempted to try an upgrade to not released version first??
Thoughts?
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

Neillasher wrote:
Would you suggest a factory reset from Link or. System wipe first from unit.

I suggest them in the order previously laid out. If "factory reset" is truly available in Link (I've not yet found it...not looked for it either, since I've not neded it), you might insert that betweeen 2 and 3 of what I previously recommended.

Neillasher wrote:

Tempted to try an upgrade to not released version first??

I never recommmend leaks. Others do, but I do not.

Contributor

OK here is a fix.  It is a broken upgrade.

I downloaded an earlier copy of Blackberry World app from

https://mega.co.nz/#!BNcElKzZ!WRd33g...-kE-ZtKeARLYhQ

It was extracted from an earlier backup using DBBTool  http://proexplorer.blogspot.co.uk/20...s-for.html?m=1

I sideloaded this to mt Blackberry which overwrote the version I had on there and it works fine.

Hope this helps till they come out with another update.

Neil

Hall of Famer III

Neillasher wrote:

It is a broken upgrade. 

I continue to disagree with that statement, as written. As written, that is a blanket statement, saying that the upgrade itself is broken, which means it would be broken for 100% of those up update to it. Since that is not the case, then the statement cannot be accurate as written...if written "for some reason, the update does not work for me", then it may be more accurate.

I'm glad you found a fix that worked for you.

Contributor

I think that's a little bit of semantics. If there is an upgrade on Blackberry World for Blackberry World and after running it Blackberry World no longer works, then I think I have the right to call that upgrade Broken. My problem is that I don't know when its going to be safe to download an update again.... But now I have a fix and have passed it on I hope it helps others...
Contributor

So I tried to update again from Blackberry and it failed again. Back to sideload old version for now.