Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Blackberry ID and BB Protect problem

Hello there!

Could someone at BB please check my Blackberry ID?

I'm having a problem, resulting in me not being able to use Blackberry Protect. The Protect site says that I don't have a connected device, but BB Link tells me I do. Actually, I have two Smiley Sad My guess is that I'm having my troubles due to having two device PINs linked to my ID as I had to return one phone due to screen problems. I returned it without wiping it, as I had encrypted its content.

I've read in various forums and followed  different possible solutions, nothing helped. @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter directed me to my provider, which doesn't support the Z10 and left me on my own. 

My setup: Z10 EU Version, 5 mail accounts, no BES (thus no Balance or similar). I bought the Z10 unlocked on my own.

What I tried so far: 

* disabling and renablig BB Protect on the phone countless times

* security wipe to re-register to protect (twice)

=> once logging in to my BBID in the setup at the beginning

=> once skipping login to try to use my BBID with BBM first as I was told

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Y

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Blackberry ID and BB Protect problem

Hello ycas

Sorry to hear about your issue. At this point the best way to have this investigated properly is to contact your mobile network provider and have them escalate you case to BlackBerry. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Thanks for your reply!

That's what @BlackBerryHelp already told me. My provider won't do a thing as they don't have the BB Z10 until may (if at all), so they told me repeatedly that they could and would not do a thing for me. Somehow it feels weird that a customer having paid the full price for an available product (no provider subsidies or so) is left alone. Not the best move to conquer the consumer market :-(

Is there no other way? I mean BB should have easy access to their servers to check the BBID...

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

contact your provider and give the model that they support, and have your case escalated to BlackBerry Level 2 support. Once you talk to a real BlackBerry employee, of course they can access the BBID server and see what is wrong.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: