Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Highlighted
mic
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Tim (italy)

Blackberry Maps doesn't work at all

HI, Blackberry Maps doesn't work. It doesn't Find my location. trying to get BB Maps to work on my Q10-nothing seems to work. On the BB Maps, when I enter the 2 locations for directions, I get the following message: "The beginning of your route is too far away from a road. Proceed to nearest road and try again. (3003)." The first time I got this I was ON a road, pulled over, trying to get directions. It has never worked. I do get the blue dot telling me where I am, so I think the GPS function is working. Someone could help me?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Maps doesn't work at all

Hello,

Something sounds quite wrong...if you have already done the obvious things (reboot, updated OS, updated app, etc.), then I'd recommend you seek formal support. That is available by contacting your mobile service provider, your original place of purchase, or an authorized service center -- it varies by region and issue. Since it's a BB-developed app, you need this formal support, and only they have the power to escalate your case up to BlackBerry for their attention.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................