Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Blackberry Travel - Charging in Euros instead of CAN$ !!!

I'm using BB Z10 and I used Blackberry Travel app to book a hotel while traveling in the US (I'm from Quebec Canada). The application has charged me in Euros instead of CAD or US$. I realized this bug when my credit card was charged in Euros. Here are my questions:

1) How do I correct this problem if I want to use the app for future reservations to make sure I get charged in the correct currency?

2) Who should I contact to get refunded for the difference? Note: the application indicates Euros when it confirms the purchase, so Credit card company might not accept the claim.

Thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: Nexus6P/iPhone6 Plus
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Blackberry Travel - Charging in Euros instead of CAN$ !!!

Not sure about the refund, but lets make sure that your language and region settings are correct.  Swipe down, then from the homescreen and select Setting, then Langauge, then make sure that info is set to English and Canada.   Also check the in app settings open up BB Travel , then swipe down from it's main screen and select settings then make sure your Booking Curremcy is set to Dollar CAD (unless you prefer USD).

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry Travel - Charging in Euros instead of CAN$ !!!

The settings were okay. However, I believe I found the bug...

In the Homescreen Settings, I had selected French as the Language and Canada Français as the Region.

When I try to reserve a hotel in the Travel App (example Naples, FL), a list of hotels appear with the price per night. The currency indicates CAD (when it's actually Euros). Then when you make the hotel selection, you will see in the next page that the Euros currency is indicated with the same amount as in previous screen.

This error does not occur however, when you select English as the Language in the Homescreen settings, and you try to do a hotel reservation in the travel app, the currency is indicated in CAD and the amount in CAN$.

So, although I was charged in Euros on the credit card, the application misguided me because I thought the amount was in CAN $ when it was actually in Euros. I did get charged what I was supposed to get charged (amount wise) on my credit card, if you do the math (1.31 CAD/Euros exchange rate).

Hope this helps!