Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Blackberry World Music Problem

Hi There, I downloaded Alive by Empire of the Sun (great song by the way) two nights ago to my Blackberry Z10 and from the get-go I've had problems with it. The first time it downloaded it wouldn't play. So I downloaded it again, which seems to work sometimes. I cannot delete the first one from my operating system either. So I actually have the song twice in my library: one that never works, and the other that only works sometimes. I've bought music from BB World before and never had this problem. Any suggestions? I have even deleted the file completed from my memory card by plugging it externally to my computer. It no longer shows on the memory card but it's still stuck in my music library.

Also, I am eager to get the new Pheonix album. It was released April 23 and is on the 7digital website. It's also released on my Blackberry Playbook music store. Why is it not in Blackberry World for the Z10? It was embarrassing when I was showing off my Z10 to a friend at lunch and trying to convince him that the music store is just as good as iTunes and the Z10 BB World didn't even have the album yet. He pulled it up in seconds on his iPhone while I was scrambling trying to find it.  I had the same problem with the single I downloaded above. It was released last week but wasn't available until two days ago. Is this the precedence for the Blackberry World music store? I asked 7digital but they directed me to Blackberry Help.

Adam

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Blackberry World Music Problem

Hello dadamwalker

Welcome to the forum. 

At this point the best way to have this investigated would be to contact your mobile network provider and ask that your issue be escalated to BlackBerry for investigation.

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry World Music Problem

That doesn't really help at all. 7digital sent me here. And now you are suggesting I contact Telus. Who will then direct me to Blackberry. I feel like I'm getting the runaround. There has to be a more efficient way.

As an update to my original post, the Phoenix album did become available in Blackberry World last night. So only a few days after it was released to other Blackberry platforms and all other devices with a music store (Microsoft, Apple, Android). Can you explain to me why it is on sale at 7digital and on my Playbook music store for $6.99, but not on Blackberry World (the price is $11.99)?

Adam