Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Blackberry World Music

How does Blackberry Music work? I assume it still uses 7 Digital as it's library; however, prices and releases do not match with the 7 Digital website or Blackberry Playbook music app. For example, many new releases that are on the 7 Digital website and on my Playbook do not show up on Blackberry World until 2-3 days after they are released. Pricing is also different on Blackberry World than with the music app on my Playbook and 7 Digital. I recently looked up a new release, that wasn't on my Blackberry World, but I found it on my Playbook. There was a promotional offering for the album at a price of $6.99. I also confirmed this price on the 7 Digital website. So, I bought it. Curiously, I continued to check on the Blackberry World website for this album, just to see how long of a delay I can expect with new releases. Three days later the album was available for $9.99 in Blackberry World. This is almost a 45% increase in pricing! Finally, how come you can't pre order on Blackberry World? 7 Digital offers a pre-order option and you get the first single for free. I'm tired of buying a single, then having to buy the album which includes the single.

Thanks,

Adam

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Pearl 3G 9105, BlackBerry Curve 9220

Re: Blackberry World Music

dadamwalker wrote:

How does Blackberry Music work? I assume it still uses 7 Digital as it's library; however, prices and releases do not match with the 7 Digital website or Blackberry Playbook music app. For example, many new releases that are on the 7 Digital website and on my Playbook do not show up on Blackberry World until 2-3 days after they are released. Pricing is also different on Blackberry World than with the music app on my Playbook and 7 Digital. I recently looked up a new release, that wasn't on my Blackberry World, but I found it on my Playbook. There was a promotional offering for the album at a price of $6.99. I also confirmed this price on the 7 Digital website. So, I bought it. Curiously, I continued to check on the Blackberry World website for this album, just to see how long of a delay I can expect with new releases. Three days later the album was available for $9.99 in Blackberry World. This is almost a 45% increase in pricing! Finally, how come you can't pre order on Blackberry World? 7 Digital offers a pre-order option and you get the first single for free. I'm tired of buying a single, then having to buy the album which includes the single.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Are you referring to BBM Music? If so, please refer to the following links:

http://us.blackberry.com/legal/bbm-music-legal-information.html

http://us.blackberry.com/legal/after-market-software-downloads/bbm-music.html

http://us.blackberry.com/legal/after-market-software-downloads/music-store-software.html

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join me on my BBM Network as well as BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: 2A5706AD
Twitter: @sesa_jeckieboo | @i_am_jecka
WeChat: Sesa_Domina_Jecka | i_am_jecka