Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: tmcell

Blackberry World doesnt open

Dears,

It is my 4th day since I am trying to fix my blackberry world app to login via z10.

I am new user on BlackBerry and I still cannot understand why I cannot login. The similar problem occurs with my BBM, when I am trying to login directly from my mobile data, and it wont, but when I login via edge modem by wifi, it does let me to enter and contact. I have tried the payment option as well, but it does the same. It doesnt let me complete, gives an error.

Anyway, regarding my mobiles software version is the latest one by 03 may 2014. I have done everything, removed.battery, didnt use and so on. But still cannot enter to BlackBerry world or bbm.

Please help.me.

I even reccomended the same.phone.to.my friend and he bought it. And today when I also.wanted.to enter from his phone, it gaves absolutely the same.problem.

I look.forward to.hear.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry World doesnt open

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Both of those are tied to your BBID, which is the account you need to deal with. Please see this "sticky" post for helpful information concerning your BBID situation:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you. If not, please provide details...as in, exactly the steps you attempt, and exactly the result of each step, including the exact and complete content of any error messages that present.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Dear sdgardne,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

However the problem is not related to BBID login as far as I do have an access to my BBID account from my z10 mobile and from website as well.

To check it I have entered to the settings on my mobile to BBID and it retrieved me my account details. On the page here is shown button to change the password and to change recovery question. Also provided the link to see the policy.

The problem is when I enter to my BBM via my mobile data, application opens and it shows the full contact and chat page in normal way. I mean, bbm opens normally, except it doesn't send any messages. When I submit the message it shows red clock on sent messages which means the message was not sent. And it shows the same until I connect to another wifi or hot spot.

But, when I connect to my wi-fi hotspot of my edge modem, bbm works and it suddenly starts to receive messages sent by my friends, also the previously unsent messages shows D lettered blue mark. And on desktop the BlackBerry logo appears on the top right corner.

I have tried to do the same from my friends new z10. He registered as a new user before logging to his mobile. He had opened bbm and tried to send message, but it didn't. And when he got connected to hot spot, the message was sent.

Basically, neither I nor my friend has any prompts to login or logout from bbid to be able to use bbm when the messages was sent and received while it was used.

All mentioned above related to BBM problem. Now the problem is about BlackBerry world application.

The thing is that the BlackBerry world application doesn't work at all. Not on my mobile and not thru another hotspot.

When I open an BB world app it shows little waiting circle stating 'loading' however, after a while it says "there was a connection problem. BlackBerry world must close."

While the loading screen, I have even tried to pull down menu on top screen, but it doesnt allow, just shows black screen. I was not able to see the help or settings of BlackBerry world application.

I have tried to open application via game app, but it does the same. Tried to find the way from music, but couldn't find it.

Thus, couldn't understand what is the problem. I tried to download an application on my PC from BB world it says to enter from mobile. And when I want to open BlackBerry world application, it won't.

So what should I do, how can download BlackBerry applications. How can enter to BlackBerry world application?

I even tried to use BlackBerry App manager via chrome, but chrome couldn't enter to my mobile ip shown on development mode.

So please help.

Look forward and thanks in advance.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Thank you for the clarifications.

FYI -- there is no prompted log in or log out of BBID...it is an "always on" sort of thing, deeply tied into the device to enable various services, including BBWorld and BBM.

With a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (step 1 should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive

2) Reboot

• Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • BB10 Devices. Hold the top button down until the counter reaches zero. Wait for the device to be fully shut down (e.g., nothing at all displayed on the screen, no LED lights, etc.). Hold the top button until the red LED is lit. Wait through the full boot-up process. IF this fails, you can attempt the battery-pull method above, but it is normally NOT recommended unless nothing else works.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you likely should contact your mobile service provider for formal support. For BBM, from what you describe it is over their network that things do not function. For BBWorld, nothing functions. If these steps do not work to resolve it, then you will need formal support, possibly from BB themselves -- the only way to obtain that is via escalation from your carrier.

One last thought...when you talk to your carrier, ask them to dig deeply and ensure that there is no BIS account tied to your BB10 device. BB10 does not use BIS, and there are reports that on some carriers even having a BIS account with your carrier will actually block functionality on a BB10 device.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hello,

I have done all the steps above, however none of those helped me. I have called to support line of provider they said no any problems from their side.

I checked from other mobile. Another mobile had turned on its hotspot and I connected to it. When I get connected, my bbm started to receive bbm messages. But when I disconnect and try to connect via my mobile's own service, and it wont.

I even tried to use bbm from my mobiles hotspot. I mean the 3rd party person connected to my BlackBerry hotspot and used bbm. But me not.

Please help. It is definitely problem with BlackBerry software.
Hall of Famer III

All of what you tested is a clear indication that what your provider told you (that they have no problems on their end) is not accurate. Since the service works via WiFi, there is no "problem with BlackBerry software". Rather, there is a problem with the communication channel that is failing -- and that channel is 100% controlled by your provider.

I suggest you contact them again but not let them off so easily this time. Tell them exactly what you said here...that the services work via WiFi but not via their carrier data network. Therefore, the problem is with their network, not your device. You pay your carrier for all of your services and formal support...right now, they appear to be delivering neither to you.

Good luck!