Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

Bought CHIMPACT on bb10 - can't download on playbook

Hi
I've purchased Chimpact on my z10 then tried to download it on my playbook. It doesn't give me the option to download nor purchase again.  The button is unavailable (it is not there). I tried refreshing my app list in App World on the PlayBook and it is still not there (reboot doesn't work neither).

Help me!!! I love that game.

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Bought CHIMPACT on bb10 - can't download on playbook

The problem is that the OS of the PlayBook is no BB10 yet. So that means that some applications will not work on the PlayBook., this while they work perfectly on BB10.

The developer of that game could also have disabled the option to use that application on the PlayBook. This could be because the view is not optimized for the bigger PlayBook screen, or maybe it is just because the technology isn't working yet on the PlayBook.

To be sure on why this application is not working, you could try contacting the developer.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I am having the same issue. Chimpact was released on the PlayBook before BlackBerry 10. So it isn't the functionality of the app itself. It is the fact that BlackBerry World says that I already downloaded it (which is true, but, on a different device). I have emailed the developer and despite refreshing my apps on both devices, I am still in the same situation. They suggested that it might have to do with BlackBerry World.
Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Interesting. I was playing Chip act on my PB well before I got my Z10, then when I did get my Z10 I had no problem downloading it on the phone as well.
Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

It is the reverse that is the problem with Chimpact - buying it on the Z10 first and then can't download on the PlayBook.