Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Cannot make Blackberry World Payments

For the past 4 days I have not be able to make Blackberry World Payments. I have made several purchases with the card on file before.  I receive the following error:

"This purchase cannot be completed.  Please select a different payment method. (AW10000c)"

1) I changed from Visa to my AMEX.

"This purchase cannot be completed.  Please select a different payment method. (AW10000c)"

2) I made a purchase later in the day with both cards to see if they are active.  They are.

3) I spoke to VISA and AMEX to see if there were any blocks. There are none.

4) I changed back to VISA.

5)  T-Mobile does not seem to offer carrier billing.

6) I do not have PayPal

7) Two different cards, both can make purchases anywhere else.  Both card providers say the cards are fine.  This seems to be a problem with Blackberry World. 

Phone: Z10 (STL100-3)

Carrier: T-Mobile

Please advise on what should be done next.

Contributor

Re: Cannot make Blackberry World Payments

I tried again today and still recieve the same error.

I cannot make purchases.

Please advise.

Contributor

Hello,

I tried again today and still cannot make payments or purchase any apps.  There are some limited time promotions that I would like to take advantage of.

Is there some additional information I need to supply for troubleshooting assistance and/or guidance in resolving this matter?

Thank you.

Contributor

Dear Diary,

I'm still getting the error.

I tried to attach a screenshot, in case it may be of benefit; but it doesn't seem like local .jpg files can be loaded, from the file system (URLs only). 

Note: I spoke to my CC company and they said they haven't seen any transactions from BB World, so it seems like it's not ever getting past the application.  Do I need to wait for a BB World update or is there something I can do to proactive correct this?

I appreciate all the help and suggestions thus far. Thanks!

Contributor

Dear Diary, This weekend, I backed up the entire phone and restored to default, I attempted to make a purchase from a fresh install. Guess what? "This purchase cannot be completed. Please select a different payment method. (AW10000c)" I restored the phone and tried again. "This purchase cannot be completed. Please select a different payment method. (AW10000c)" I'm at a loss.
Contributor

I tried to use a different card today, just for kicks. "This purchase cannot be completed. Please select a different payment method. (AW10000c)" Keep the ideas coming! I believe a solution does exist!
Contributor

Still no luck today when I tried to purchase the .99 cent Wolf of Wall Street. "This purchase cannot be completed. Please select a different payment method. (AW10000c)" *sigh* That is a great movie. Can anyone help me purchase The Wolf of Wall Street?
Contributor

Wilson, I've tried making purchases again today. As a long shot, I hoped that maybe purchases were being blocked for some reason due to me being connected to the wifi, so I tried on T-Mobile's network. "This purchase cannot be completed. Please select a different payment method. (AW10000c)" Am I doomed to never be able to purchase anything from Blackberry World ever again?
Contributor

Still cannot make purchases today. 

Surely, I must hold the record for most support requests with no response.  There should be a forum badge or something available for such an achivement! 

Contributor

THIS. IS. RESOLVED.

I called my carrier (T-Mobile) who opened a ticket with Blackberry official support.  The Level 1 technicians were unable to resolve the problem, and escalated to Blackberry Level 2.  I had to provide them with quite a bit of information, Account #, last 4 digits of CC, billing address, etc, but after some time ( a few days) the Level 2 technicians were able discover the problem and "unblock" my account. Boo-yah! I was told that BB World had auto-blocked my account in an attempt to prevent fraud (although the reason BB World suspected fraud was unclear). Regardless, they unblocked it and I can successfully make payments and purchase apps via BB World again.

For anyone else who has this issue, you must open a ticket with official Blackberry Support. This is not a problem with your credit card or software version.  It occurs somewhere in the depths of blackberry's internal systems and cannot be resolved by anybody but official Blackberry support.

No thanks for all the non-help from the so-called community "support team" who have staunchly refused to acknowledge the problem or even attempt to offer a single solution.

I hope this resolution helps others.