Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Cannot obtain Skype, WhatsApp

[ Edited ]

I'm located in India. I can't download Whatsapp or Skype into my Z10. I used to have it in my Bold earlier. I also cannot bridge Z10 with my playbook. Any solutions?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Cannot obtain Skype, WhatsApp

Hello,

WhatsApp and Skype have been discussed at length...they are both intended for release for BB10, but have not yet been released. No one can say exactly when it will happen..."soon" is as close as anyone can say.

As for Bridge...you certainly should be able to bridge them...though the level of functionality is significantly less than with legacy BBs. We all are hopeful that more functions will arrive "soon" for Bridge.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

I have written to WhatsApp and understand that this will be readopted near the end of March, the same with Skype.

Because the Z10 is a completely new platform which is not compatible with the App.

I can give you some hope with of evidence whith another app.

I have registered with TuneIn Pro but at the moment my Z10 can only install TuneIn Free and is being built on as we speak.

There are many apps which I have bought but because I lost my Torch 9800 phone, I was not able to transferr my data, but I would not be able to get most of my apps, like Lloydes or Barclays, Kaspersky and so forth.

Am not sure if all companies applications are going to take up using the new platform.

Not Long Now

JTValerie
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

As has always been with BBs, every app must be ported to every major OS level / device model number combination. An app for an 8530 on OS 5.0 simply will not run on a 9860 running OS 7.1. There is a lot of porting for the developers to do if they wish to make their app universally available...most choose some subset of device/OS levels to support rather than try to support everything.

With BB10, the OS is completely different from legacy...it's not an evolutionary change, it's revolutionary. From what I understand, apps cannot be simply ported (e.g., minor mods to make it work) from legacy to BB10 but instead must be completely re-written from scratch. While I've heard that app development for BB10 is actually easier than it was for legacy, the fact still remains that to make an app compatible with BB10, the developers must still write it from scratch.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................