Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vivo

Cielo app for accepting credit card payments.

Hi there, I don't even know if this is the right place, but if someone could help....

I'm form Brazil and a BB user for years, was looking for upgrading my 9900 to a Z10/Q10 phone.

My company will start accepting credit card payments using smartphones, but the bank says they only have apps for iOS and Android....Is there anyway an Android app could work on the Z10? 

Thanks 

Storelli

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Cielo app for accepting credit card payments.

Hello,

The answer is...maybe. Side Loading of apps is possible, if you can obtain/create the BAR file for it. Google for DDPB installer as well as BAR files for what you desire, and I'm sure you'll find adequate information.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vivo

Thank you very much for your help...but I don't have a clue on what'BAR and DDPB are...hehehe, sorry, I may be asking on the wrong place.

Anyway, again, thanks!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

BAR files are apps you can install (side load) to your BB10 device. BAR files are converted (usually by others) from those native to Android and iOS.

DDPB is a PC app that can be used to perform the side-loading process of the BAR file app to your BB10 device.

So, if someone somewhere (you must search the Internet) has created already a BAR file for this Cielo app you want (which you say already exists for Android and iOS), then you can download that BAR file to your PC, install DDPB to your PC, and then use DDPB to install the app (using the BAR file) to your BB10 device.

The process is called side loading. If a developer has not written their app for BB10, then you can still side load it if the above conditions are met (someone has created a BAR file already for the app).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................