Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Deleting apps

I read someone wondering about deleting apps. I think this function can also work for the pre-installed apps like Games where someone was commenting that it sends out alerts to contacts or something and wanted to just delete the thing. I haven't tried going all the way to deleting a pre-installed app but here is how to get there. I stumbled across this when I accidently gestured on BW and thought hey what was that as the screen had pulled to the side a little.

In Blackberry World
tap bottom left icon or pull window to right
tap My World
tap My Apps & Games
tap top header and then tap Downloaded (or just tap Downloaded up top)
tap and hold selected app and drag/hold to right and the right menu will pop up and then keep dragging/holding all the way down to the delete icon

Apparently deleting apps doesn't really delete. These were apps that I tried and then deleted them from the main area (using the method of deleting apps from there) but hadn't imagined they were still kind of around.

You're still where you left off above right? Smiley Happy

tap top header and then tap Available
tap and hold selected app and drag/hold to right and the right menu will pop up and then keep dragging/holding all the way down to the delete icon