Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 6s
My Carrier: Telus

Facebook connection error

[ Edited ]

I've had a problem occur with the FB app.  Since last night, I get the message " There was a problem connecting to Facebook. Please check your connection and try again."  

That's only in the news feed view.  I can still use the FB messenger from within the app and from the Hub.  I can still see friend requests, notifications.  I can still access the menu bar.  So, obviously I'm logged in.  I can see the feeds on my iPhone and desktop browser.  I can see the feeds at the mobile view touch.facebook.com.

I've logged out/deleted account (+ battery pull) then logged back in.  I've deleted the app, reinstalled then logged back in.  No joy at all.

Any suggestions?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Facebook connection error

Hey elessar,

Try changing the Sort order of the Facebook News Feeds to Most Recent and test:

1. Open the Browser application.
  2. Enter touch.facebook.com into the URL box at the bottom of the  Browser screen and click Go, logging into to the Facebook mobile touch version of the Facebook website
  3. Click on Sort in the upper right hand corner of the Facebook News Feed and select  Most Recent from the selections displayed.
  4. Launch the Facebook application again and note that the News Feed now displays posts in the  Most Recent order rather than simply the  Top Stories

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 6s
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

hatchback wrote:

Hey elessar,

Try changing the Sort order of the Facebook News Feeds to Most Recent and test:

1. Open the Browser application.
  2. Enter touch.facebook.com into the URL box at the bottom of the  Browser screen and click Go, logging into to the Facebook mobile touch version of the Facebook website
  3. Click on Sort in the upper right hand corner of the Facebook News Feed and select  Most Recent from the selections displayed.
  4. Launch the Facebook application again and note that the News Feed now displays posts in the  Most Recent order rather than simply the  Top Stories

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Hi hatchback.  Thanks for the reply.

No luck.  I already had the sort order as Most Recent.  I've been using the touch.facebook.com as the native app isn't connecting.  Just in case, I tried changing it back to Top Feeds (no behaviour change) then back to Most Recent.

Additional info:  

After installing/deleting the Facebook app (via BB World) and doing a battery pull, I installed the newly released 10.0.1.0 version of the Facebook app last night.  I still cannot connect to the main News Feeds view.  However, I can now select and view pages for individual FB friends.  I find this curious.  It's a minor improvement, but still not a solution.  I have to essentially go through the friends lists, viewing each, to see any new posts.

I don't believe the issue is with my FB account setup.  I'm able to view everything normally on my Playbook, and on my company iPhone.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I have the same exact issue since a day or two ago. I've tried all the suggestions to no avail. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Similar issue here too. However I can now get into my news feed, but I can't access my profile page through the app.