Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

GPS app

Is there an app that doesn't use data to determine where you are and data to update directions?  

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: GPS app

Hello,

I read of one a while back (sorry, I no longer recall details) that would download all the necessary maps and such in advance (e.g., when you are on WiFi) and then use them while you travel rather than constantly downloading new map information. Of course, it can only do that for truly pre-planned trips...if you move out of the range of the pre-plan, it of course would not have the maps it needs to do that, and would need to re-download them.

Again, I can't recall the name...but search in AppWorld for different nav apps and I'm sure you will find it. I do recall that it was fee-based, not free (not a subscription I think, just the initial purchase price).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: vodacom tanzania

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: T-mobile

We've just released an offline gps navigation app for BB10. 

There's a free 7-day trial for anyone who wants to take it for a spin.

I'll provide more info and answer questions if anyone's interested

I work for Mireo and I'm here to answer any questions about our GPS navigation app for BB.
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: vodacom tanzania

Like thank you
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm interested. Please provide more information.
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: T-mobile

Here's the App World link:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/21869897/

Our website is: www.mireogps.com

And here's a very fresh review published yesterday: http://www.berryreview.com/2013/03/21/finally-mireo-dont-panic-brings-offline-gps-navigation-to-blac...

I work for Mireo and I'm here to answer any questions about our GPS navigation app for BB.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

there are many apps for parking lot, where you can do two things :

1) mark where your car is
2) display a compass that shows the direction to you car

I don't have a car so I have not tried any, but this may be enough for you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: