Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport SE & LG G4
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

How do you remove old devices associated with your BB ID in BlackBerry World?

I did a search and couldn't find anything so hopefully this wasn't posted before.

When I sign into BlackBerry World and choose my  'Device' I see three phones that I no longer own. 

How does one get these removed?  I read somewhere yesterday (didn't bookmark the page, er...) that there was a limit of 5 devices/PINS associated with one BB ID.

I'm hoping it is something simple like just providing BB with the PINS you want removed?

Thanks in advance.

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: How do you remove old devices associated with your BB ID in BlackBerry World?

Hello Fr3lncr

In order to remove these devices what you would need to do is first do a security wipe on the device then enter a new BlackBerry ID and register on the mobile network. Once a new BlackBerry ID is associated with the device it will be removed from your BlackBerry World. 

Hope this helps. Have a good day. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor

Re: How do you remove old devices associated with your BB ID in BlackBerry World?

SmoothRider wrote:

Hello Fr3lncr

In order to remove these devices what you would need to do is first do a security wipe on the device then enter a new BlackBerry ID and register on the mobile network. Once a new BlackBerry ID is associated with the device it will be removed from your BlackBerry World. 

Hope this helps. Have a good day. 

Thank you for the reply but I don't think this helps me based on my situation.  I have three devices that show up that I no longer own.  Two of the devices that are listed are for Z10's that I had to return to the store.  As such, based on your response, they would not be removed unless they are re-sold and activated at some later point by someone else?  If my carrier doesn't resell them (which I assume they wont as they were opened), how would they end up getting removed?

The third device is a 9900 which I sold to someone else and while it was reactivated with a new BBID, it still shows up under my account.

Just as a note, in all cases, the devices were fully wiped before being returned or sold.

I guess I will just try and contact BlackBerry directly to see if they can be removed.

My Device: 9900

I have the same problem and have been unable to find a solution.

My previous Z10 and Q10 are both still associated with my BBID, along with my current 9900 and PlayBook.

Both were security wiped before returning to carrier.

I will be purchasing another Q10 when the bridge functionality is restored with my PlayBook and need to remove the old Z10 and Q10 from my BBID to be able to add the new Q10 at that time.

Please help.

Thanks for your time.

Anthony A.

Regular Contributor

antbb81 wrote:

I have the same problem and have been unable to find a solution.

My previous Z10 and Q10 are both still associated with my BBID, along with my current 9900 and PlayBook.

Both were security wiped before returning to carrier.

I will be purchasing another Q10 when the bridge functionality is restored with my PlayBook and need to remove the old Z10 and Q10 from my BBID to be able to add the new Q10 at that time.

Please help.

Thanks for your time.

Anthony A.

Still no luck for me either as essentially there is no way to contact BlackBerry about BBID issues.  I've tried their Twitter support account but have never got a response.  Have tried their BBM account before and never had a response either.  To my knowledge, theese are the only two methods available since they have no phone support for BlackBerry World or BBID issues (http://ca.blackberry.com/customer-service/contact-us.html).  

Have to say not too impressed since BB relies on everything essentially passing through the carrier but the carrier option isn't relevent in all cases and when it isn't relevent (as in this case), their support is pretty much non-existent.

Hope to get a solution one day.

Regular Contributor

Just to provide an update, since BB doesn't seem able to deal with customers directly on this matter and they ask them to go through the carrier, I finally contacted my carrier (Virgin Mobile Canada) and asked them to remove the old BB devices from my BBID.

While there was some confusion about what I was asking for, I was told they could only request BB to remove devices that were purchased through the carrier.  As I had three Z10's from Virgin that I had to return, and a Rogers 9900 that I had sold associated with my BBID, this would at least get rid of most of the devices.  (Oddly enough thought I really wanted to get rid of my 9900 since I still get emails from BB about BBOS apps and I don't even own the phone anymore!).

Anyhow, the carrier rep talked to BB tech support and gave me ticket number which I could use to talk to them.  I provided them all the PINS for the devices I no longer owned.

What I was told was that these devices were no longer associated with my BBID and that what I was seeing in BB World was just a 'history' of my devices.  And as these PINS were now registered with other BBIDs, there was nothing for them to do. Actually, one of my Z10's hadn't been reregisered and I was told I needed to go into BB Protect to wipe the device remotely.  As this device was returned to Virgin, and not connected to the internet, this did nothing of course.

So, it seems it is more of an issue as to why BB is showing a device history.  I personally don't want to see old devices associated with my BBID but as that may be useful to others, they should at least give you the option to remove them, or rename them as you can in Google Play.  When you have four Z10's showing up and the only way to differentiate them is by the PIN, it makes it a bit difficult.

One issue just turned into another issue.

Err... 

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Concur on this!

There used to be an option to remove devices no longer associated with one's BBID, but the option is now gone.

I too find myself in a situation such as you - it's rather frustrating not to be able to get a straight answer from anyone regarding this issue.
Developer
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

I have the same problem, but in my case the old device totally died and was replaced under warranty, so there was no security wipe and unless they fix it and start it up how wilI it get a new BBID?