Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Contributor
My Device: BB Smart Phone-Q10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I can't download Outlook.com Mobile (Android) to my Q10 phone

Hi,

Outlook. com.mobile requires Android, so when I go to Google play to download the app, the website indicates that there is no device!

So, can someone assist here, or point me to another secure site, or tell mke what to do?

Tx

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: I can't download Outlook.com Mobile (Android) to my Q10 phone

Are you running OS 10.2.1 on your phone? Any OS prior to that does not support Android apps. If you're running that OS, have a look at this article:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-Applications-for/You-Upgraded-to-OS-10-2-1-and-wan... 

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Developer
My Device: Q10SQN100-1
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Just to clarify, pre 10.2.1 supports android apps, just not OTA installs, requiring a pc for installation. Amazon app store is the easiest solution if 1: the app is on there and 2: you have or are willing to make an account.

Contributor

I do have the latest OS.

Q10 or should I say BlackBerry is new to me, and have allways been on lower range models of other mobile products. This is the first Android phone that I have had, so the experience is very new to me.

Tx for the input anyway.

Contributor

Hi,

I don't know that I want to open an account with Amazon, as this app from outlook.com is free. So I think that I will take it up with Outlook themselves.