Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-1
My Carrier: Vodafone India

MapMyIndia app does not install on my BB Z10

The app - MapMyIndia does not install on my BB Z10. After downloading, it shows an error "promo code has expired". There was a press release which says that BB India has made this app available free to consumers in India as their native app BB Maps doesn't work in India. MapMyIndia guys say that BB has to activate the license for this app on my device from BB's end.

Please help.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: MapMyIndia app does not install on my BB Z10

I have the exact same issue, I tried to contact Blackberry using the online form but it has some internal error and my ticket was not submitted.

I think they have revoked the promo codes. If we can get in touch with Redington which handles Blackberry's India division support then it might help. The license is provided by Redington so they will know whats going on.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Loop Mobile

Same for me.

BB doen't respond to @blackberryhelp twitter post. Neither they arereachable by any other means like telephone, email. Redington is also difficult to reach. If you succeed to get the app/ reach BB or Redington, do let me know.

Thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

[ Edited ]

I have successfully done it and here is a guide to help.

What you need:

1. A reasonably high end android device (I used Nexus 7 2012)

2. Access to a computer to move files between devices (Windows 7 in my case)

Steps:

1. Install Sygic on the android device from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sygic.aura_mmi
  2. Run the installed app and let it download all necessary files
  3. You need to install the apk in Blackberry 10 device and later copy all necessary files from android to BB10 in order for Sygic to function properly.
  4. Install the same app in BB10 from Snap or you can copy directly from android if you have a rooted android.
  5. Don't run the app in BB10 as yet.
  6. Copy the below folder
    /sdcard/Android/obb/com.sygic.aura_mmi  

from android to below BB10 folder:
    Device/misc/android/Android/obb

Basically these two directories are equivalent and Device/misc/android/ is sdcard for the android runtime inside BB10.
  7. Next you need to copy two folders from android to BB10
    /sdcard/Sygic
    /sdcard/Sygic_mmi

to, you guessed right Smiley Happy
    Device/misc/android/

8. At this point you are done and you should be able to run Sygic normally in BB10, you can go ahead and download maps for all India Smiley Wink

Cheerios

{Removed}

Mod Edit: Edited post to remove personal information to comply with the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use

My Device: Z10 STL100-1
My Carrier: Vodafone India

Does anyone got the answer of this query....i have the same issue????

Blackberry and Mapmyindia support does not respond to it??