Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Not Able to Play a Movie Rented From BB World

Hi all, I rented a movie from BB World, and after a 5 hour download (slow connection eh!) I attempted to play the movie and got an error onscreen saying "resource not found".  For a few minutes the movie was found on the Z10 but each attempt brought up the same error message.  I saved the movie to the media card, I can browse from my windows PC to the movie and find it in the videos folder in a subfolder which is the same name as the title of the movie, but I can't find it using the video app on the Z10 or using its native file browser, and when I go back into app world under My World and click videos it just want to start downloading the file again.  FYI the file size when I browse to it on my PC is about right at 1.4gigs.  I have turned off USB mass storage mode when not connected to my PC.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Not Able to Play a Movie Rented From BB World

I've rented a movie today and got a similar problem.  The download was also slow and was interrupted many times. I was able to resume the download everytime and the entire file was downloaded successfully.  At the end of the download the file did not register itself for play with the video app.  I then went into BB myworld/myvideo/rentals and saw the downloaded video (with cover image) with an adjascent play button.  When you hit play video app loads to a back screen, nothing happens.  If you tap the screen a play button appears at the bottom and if you hit it the video app closes/crashes.  If you use a file manager to locate the file (which is on my card) and tap it to access it, the file manager reports the following: "this file contains an unsupported media format".  Regardless of the method used, the video does not play.

My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: ATT

Same problem with my Z10, so is there a fix?  Seems like BB World needs to refund us, but that also seems impossible. 

In my case I had a relatively fast download and wanted to play itbvia HDMI to my TV But after completing the download, BB World disappeared.  I touched the video app icon and saw the movie but when I touched it I got the American error message - does not recognize format.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BlackBerry®PRIV
My Carrier: EE. UK

If you would like a refund. Go to the BlackBerry Website, select BlackBerry World Support and their should be an email address, you would also need to provide information that was on the Confirmation of purchase receipt. Or just simply forward the whole receipt to them with your request.

Before you do request a refund. Try installing the movie again. If you have a standard SD memory card. You would need to upgrade to a Class 10 HD memory card and also make sure you download over wifi.

Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)