Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: O2

Q10 Apps

Hi, I know I'm late to the game, but I upgraded my old Blackberry to what I thought would be a newer and improved Blackberry Q10. However, I can't download the same apps as I used to have. The main one that I want is for my mobile banking.

How come there are so many apps not available on the Q10, but were available on my old phone.

I just thought a newer phone would mean a better phone.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Q10 Apps

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

But for a very small few, BB does not "pull" apps from the developers. Rather, the developers choose which platforms they will support, and then "push" their app to it. For BB10, since it is not really an evolution from legacy, developers must completely rewrite their apps for BB10, and many perhaps are not choosing to do so (or are just very slow). Regardless, it is the developers who choose if/when they will support BB10. You must ask them for the answer to that if/when question.

Note however that many Android APKs will run on BB10 as long as you are updated to an adequate BB10 OS level.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................