Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT - but maybe not for long

SERIOUS Bug - Interaction between PHONE and BeBuzz Pro on-screen ALERT (Landscape)

Phone was sitting horizontally (Landscape), BeBuzz Pro running, when call came in. Alert for call (a "Favorite" contact - my wife) came on-screen. I grabbed phone, rotated to Portrait/vertical - but the on-screen alert/notification does not rotate!!

I cleared the alert, with Phone still ringing (can't answer with alert on-screen!). Phone "App" now displays in **Landscape** mode!! Bottom of normal display cut off (not designed to be rotated to Landscape, of course!). Could NOT ANSWER CALL!! Finally I called back - was able to use Favorite button displayed at top, luckily - but got her Voicemail. Then, could NOT END CALL - because END CALL button was not on-screen!! (cut off below screen)

** You need to work with BeBuzz to eliminate this SERIOUS Bug!! **

I have seen this before where the BeBuzz Reminder/Alert comes on-screen when the phone is in Landscape mode, and will not rotate to Portrait - then some application (probably the one in use prior to the alert) is STUCK in Landscape mode. *Sometimes* you can re-open the App to get it to work right - in this case, the Phone app re-opened STILL in Landscape mode - basically it was TRASHED!! Almost Useless. I had to REBOOT the phone.

** One should NEVER NEVER NEVER have to REBOOT a phone to make, answer, or end a CALL!! **

Topspin (as in tennis, not PR!)