Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10, Curve 9300, Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone GR, Vodafone UK

Shazam

I cannot get Shazam for my Z10. Is there an alternative or does anybody know when Shazam will come up with a version for the Z10?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Shazam

The latest information I have is that Shazam will not be developing a version for BB10. Smiley Sad

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

there is an alternative to Shazam, that is called "soundhound". Unfortunately the dev only works for WP, iOS, Android.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

more info about soundhound:
https://twitter.com/SoundHoundHelps/status/341602546953121793

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I found a Shazam in the Z10 app but it's .99 to buy. I downloaded SoundHound but it doesn't work.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I had a few problems with SoundHound at first but now it's working fine and I actually prefer it to Shazam.  It will identify the song, give you a YouTube link to the video and it displays the lyrics to the song.  Not a bad deal for a free app and with Shazam confirming that they're not offering a BB10 version, SoundHound sounds even better.

Here's the link to it in BlackBerry World:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/29100905/ 

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.