Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: verizon

These apps are awful!!!!

Why can't I get any decent apps??? I want retail me not, Groupon, and others but it says my device doesn't support them???? Does anyone know how to get the good apps?
New Contributor

These apps are awful!!!!

Where are the good apps? I want Fox News, Retail me Not and Fitness Pro to name a few but they aren't supported on my device.... what the heck?
New Contributor

Where is Groupon????

Can anyone tell me why I can't get any decent apps on this thing? I'm so very disappointed in the Q10 apps.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Where is Groupon????

Hello,

As has always been with BB (and others I suspect), BlackBerry does not "pull" apps from the developers (but for a very few). Rather, the developers choose which device model numbers and OS levels that they will support, and then they write/port their app accordingly. With BB it is complicated since there are so many device models and so many OS levels -- each app must specifically support every combination of model number/OS level in order to function on that device.

Further complicating things is BB10 itself...it is not an evolution from legacy BBOS, and hence apps can't be "ported" to BB10. Instead, the developers must completely re-write them from scratch to support BB10, and then still to each model number/OS level combination.

That's a lot of work, and most developers choose to only support a subset of the total. But, in any event, it is the developers who must choose what they will support with their app...so, if there are specific apps you want on BB10, then you need to be pushing the developers of those apps to make the choice you desire.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Re: These apps are awful!!!!

If BlackBerry wants to continue to have people buying their sub product then it would stand to reason that BlackBerry needs to push the developers to support and be available to BlackBerry users.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hmmm...well, consider -- one manufacturers voice versus hundreds, thousands, or millions of users voices. That's not even a competition.

While I agree that it might be wise for BB to be pulling, nothing about that can truly be affected here in these forums. Further, I do not believe that the two activities are mutually exclusive...believing that BB should be pulling from the developers does not, IMHO negate the need for users also to be doing the same.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

+1. Developers don't want to spend the time and money on BlackBerry apps. BlackBerry should have paid developers to build out the top 20 Apps using the new OS.

If it weren't for iTunes Apple would be in the same boat because there is no reason to have bought the phone to begin with. Android is a little different but even the older versions are no longer supported.