Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Trouble downloading Ascendo Data vault

HI,  I changed from 9900 to Q10.  even though I used the transfer utility on the link, I had to download all applications from Myworld.  The only app I can not download is the Ascendo Data vault.  It gives me a window saying "downloading" then I get another message saying that THe app need to be purchase. I had purchase it on my 9900 and I have not problem to purchase again but it does not give me an option to purchase and stays stuck on the "download" status without actually downloading.  I went to the BB center in Dubai and they suggested I reset the device which I really want to avoid as I have to call our head office to do the enterprise activation again which was a real pain.  I went to My BB world app to make sure I delete the Ascendo app from the "available" and I did. Please help as I really need this app.  Can I get a notification to my email when there is a response to this message as I am not familiar with how to track and follow up on the posts?  Thanks.  Ahmed

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Trouble downloading Ascendo Data vault

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache.

• KB24714 How to clear cache for BlackBerry World on BlackBerry smartphones and the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for your help but it still did not work.  I followed the instructions and refreshed the BB World cache.  I then tried to download and had the same problem: first it says "starting download" then it says "you must purchase this app".  then nothing happens. After a while I get the large icon of datavault displayed but nothing happening.

I repeated the same procedure but reset my BB after I did the refresh to my BB world, the same thing happens :-(

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I don't know exactly what you mean by "reset my BB after I did the refresh"...there are many methods for "reset", and I can't tell which you tried.

Given your results, I'd likely recommend you now follow the advice you were previously given.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hello,  Thanks for the response.  By reset I mean presssing the "power" button until the countdown finsihes and the units goes to restart.  I did not reset to factory settings.  There must be a log hidden somehwre in my BB for my old Datavault install that I should be able to remove, isn't there?

Thanks, Ahmed

Hall of Famer III

None that I know of.

New Contributor

So, now that I tried everything from resetting the b&b world cache to resetting my bb10 to original factory setting , is there anything else I can do? Is there anyone from b&b world that reads this forum and can suggest something? Is there anyway I cam purchase the app and have it emailed to me perhaps?
Hall of Famer III

You might try contacting the App Developer directly...you can always find their contact information via the BBWorld catalog page.

Good luck!

New Contributor

I did contact the Ascendo support and they referred me back to BlackBerry support!!!!!

It is such a contrast to Apple support that I am accustomed to, now I can clearly understand why BlackBerry has issues sustain market share!

Hall of Famer III

This support model is nothing new for BB, and they once owned the market. But, comparisons are irrelevant anyway.

But, it is curious that Ascendo would send you back to BB regarding your wish to buy the app again...very curious indeed, since if they sell to you directly they don't pay any portion of the fee to BB. But, then again, I don't know them, so I don't know how they operate.

Good luck!