Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

Unknown Game Application

From App World i downloaded couple of Games. When i opened them, suddenly a silly looking Game Application popped up forcing me to Get Started. Now when i say NO, it switched off my actual game of interest. When i try to Delete/ Un install this GAME application, nothing happens and i have to be with it. In Permissions in Settings it does not allow me to un ticks anything. Can anyone help to resolve this stupid game app named as "GAMES"? I have its screen shot, if you want me to send.
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: Unknown Game Application

I find this Games app very annoying and want it off my Z10. I found your post while looking for a way to do just that. I guess I'll have to contact BlackBerry and ask them to p l e a s e allow users to uninstall, delete, and / or disable the app. Maybe it would help if you and all other annoyed users follow suit. Cheers!
New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

Yes we need to contact BlackBerry as its BlackBerrys own built in app. I have re installed my Z10 twice. Cheers
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I, too, have this problem. Out of frustration I eventually hit "Get Started", hoping that it would get rid of it. Instead, a broadcast message that I cannot see went out to all of my BBM contacts. I tried to change the permissions under settings, and the "off" button won't work. It's like it's locked. There are no settings under games either to change this. I hope they fix this bug ASAP. I don't want my scores being broadcasted to my BBM contacts every time I take a dump.