Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Reply
Posts: 94,685
Likes: 24,430
Solutions: 6,357
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Viber for Blackberry Q10


ViberTeam wrote:
The version of Viber that is available on Amazon is Viber for Android (Viber version 4.2). Viber for Android is not optimized for Blackberry devices, but it will run. However, there may be small issues due to the fact that Viber isn't fully optimized to your Blackberry devices. 

 


ViberTeam, is the version of Viber available through the Google Play Store any different than that on Amazon?


ViberTeam wrote:

 

At this point in time, we have no plans to release a version compatible with Blackberry 10. Any changes will be announced on our website: www.viber.com


We really wish you would reconsider, you can see the tremendous call for your app on BlackBerry10 in this forum alone.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Member
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-07-2014
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: ufone

Re: Viber for Blackberry Q10

Hello. Any updates about viber for BB Q10 ? Let me know kindly
Posts: 94,685
Likes: 24,430
Solutions: 6,357
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Viber for Blackberry Q10


arsirabbani wrote:
Hello. Any updates about viber for BB Q10 ? Let me know kindly

Check your AppWorld.

 

Viber released a poorly developed application a couple weeks ago. It might work for you.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 108
Registered: ‎12-05-2011
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: o

Re: Viber for Blackberry Q10

We have no plans to develop Viber for non full-touch devices using BB 10.2.1. Thank you for your interest!

An official representative from Viber Media (Viber app.)
Regular Contributor
Posts: 56
Registered: ‎11-13-2014
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile / Telus

Re: Viber for Blackberry Q10

With BlackBerry now (somewhat) moving away from full-touch devices, would this be reconsidered? The app runs on neither of the current BB10 devices using 10
Posts: 94,685
Likes: 24,430
Solutions: 6,357
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Viber for Blackberry Q10


ToniCipriani wrote:
With BlackBerry now (somewhat) moving away from full-touch devices, would this be reconsidered?

It is? Where did you gain that information?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
Posts: 56
Registered: ‎11-13-2014
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile / Telus

Re: Viber for Blackberry Q10

[ Edited ]

Look at BlackBerry's lineup now. Z30 has entered clearance, current devices are the Classic and the Passport which are both keyboarded devices, which Viber doesn't plan on support. I know the purported Z20 is coming and supposedly a downmarket version of the Z30, that's why I said somewhat.

 

But that still leaves only one third of the lineup supported by Viber. They might as well outright say "we're not going to support BB10".

Posts: 94,685
Likes: 24,430
Solutions: 6,357
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Viber for Blackberry Q10


ToniCipriani wrote:

But that still leaves only one third of the lineup supported by Viber. They might as well outright say "we're not going to support BB10".


Viber did say just that, about a year ago, and then came back with their app a few months later.


ToniCipriani wrote:

Look at BlackBerry's lineup now. Z30 has entered clearance, current devices are the Classic and the Passport which are both keyboarded devices, which Viber doesn't plan on support. I know the purported Z20 is coming and supposedly a downmarket version of the Z30, that's why I said somewhat.


The Z30 is about 17 months old, of course.
The "purported" Z20, as you call it, is all in the future and I don't think either of us specific insights into the future.

I would bet another high-end all touch device is coming along.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code