Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Mobilink

Re: WhatsApp is available..

Not for the masses...................

Got the new z10

Whatsapp doesnt support 'pakistan'

You have to be kidding me!! its a joke!!!!

Oh cmon!!! its the 21st century!!!!!!

Been waiting for whatsapp ...

pleaseeee for heaven's sake!!! sort this OUT
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Odd, I was taken straight to a mobile faq site, here's what it said:

How do I add contacts to WhatsApp?
Follow these steps to chat with a friend over WhatsApp:

Make sure that the person you are trying to contact has WhatsApp installed. WhatsApp can be downloaded from here.
Ensure that you have their number saved in proper international format on your phone. You can find examples here.
Inside of the app, go to the Favorites tab, press the button, and select [Refresh Favorites].

Note: Sometimes numbers synced from Microsoft Exchange will not work in WhatsApp.

Cheers,
WhatsApp Support Team

It was full of os7 device pictures, but I think it's pretty clear.

I imagine that both parties would need WhatsApp installed on their respective devices, AND both contacts would need to have the other person in their address book.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Forums Advisor III

@khawajahassanzahid - swipe down from the top bezel in WhatsApp, click the about icon, then click contact support to give the developer of WhatsApp your input.

It is up to them to 'sort it out' I believe, nobody here will be able to help with it Smiley Wink
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

drewread wrote:
Odd, I was taken straight to a mobile faq site, here's what it said:

How do I add contacts to WhatsApp?
Follow these steps to chat with a friend over WhatsApp:

Make sure that the person you are trying to contact has WhatsApp installed. WhatsApp can be downloaded from here.
Ensure that you have their number saved in proper international format on your phone. You can find examples here.
Inside of the app, go to the Favorites tab, press the button, and select [Refresh Favorites].

Note: Sometimes numbers synced from Microsoft Exchange will not work in WhatsApp.

Cheers,
WhatsApp Support Team

It was full of os7 device pictures, but I think it's pretty clear.

I imagine that both parties would need WhatsApp installed on their respective devices, AND both contacts would need to have the other person in their address book.

But how do you add it to the adress book, there is now place or button or option, or anyu thing like it to add any one in the program, at least none that I can see, unless the installation of the program some how got screwed up

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor

why why why @drewroad

whyyyyy

I had whatsapp on all other bb devices except the bb10

Its 5 a.m!! stupid forums keep you awake and then you dont have 'country' support

I just emailed the developers...

*pain

Thanks for the support though

#bb #believe

Contributor

*drewread

Sorry got your name wrong

peace

Forums Advisor III

No problem @khawajahassanzahid I had to cut and paste yours! Smiley Happy
Forums Advisor III

@martin - you add them to your BlackBerry Z10 contact list and I pulls them from there! Smiley Happy
Forums Advisor III

Sorry, meant to say Z10 contact app's contact list!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

[ Edited ]

drewread wrote:
Sorry, meant to say Z10 contact app's contact list!

So I will never have any contact in the program, I did not allowed the program nor any other program access to the contact, espacially when it says that it will add/delete contact without my consent

The only thing that I let it use is the location

It should be like Yahoo Messenger, and have it own contact list

Thanks for your help DREWREAD

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin