Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: MTN Ghana

Whatsapp for Z10

Now that the WhatsApp is available on BlackBerry World, I tried to install it on my new Z10. Download completed but installation failed.

The words in the application description say that it requires Software Release 10.0.10.82 (OS Version 10.0.10.648) or later...

Checking on my Z10 I can see its OS is 10.0.9.2372 - not good enough for WhatsApp... However, tryin to look for an updated version (at software updates in the settings) I get the message "You have the latest software"...

So, what is the story here?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Whatsapp for Z10

Did you buy the the device officially from you country provider?

If yes, you would not be able to update the OS Over the Air via settings,

If no, maybe your provider hasnt provide you with software update yet

the fix:

1. Install BlackBerry Link to your computer.
2. Inside BlackBerry Link, look for the settings icon of the device.
3. Click Reload OS Software button.
4. Follow Instruction
jayvdiyk.com
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: MTN Ghana

Thank you.

Tried it - get a reply that there is no sw update for this device...

Didn't buy the device from a specific provider rather in the open market (reputable dealer).

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Please provide your model number, country and phone carrier in order to help you get an update.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2
My Carrier: mtn nigeria

Model number is STL 100-2 country is Nigeria and phone carrier is MTN. Please help me get update
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

Your network provider would have to contact BlackBerry for you to my understanding, and ask to provide you with your updates if available to your country.
From your homepage, pull down on the screen and in a drop box tap on Settings. Scroll down the settings page till you come to Software Updates.
I would advise that you use a WiFi connection to induce any updates that maybe due, you may not get them first time or even the same day, but eventually BB Sever will find your and should send your updates.

Good Luck gbemibabs
Let me know if that ever works for you.
JTValerie
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: vodafone

Please manually update your OS with Blackberry Link or wait for the official OS push from your carrier. Whatsapp will work only on OS greater than 10.32
or read
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=0B67D95B56C65CCD295E48E7136C4692?...