02-17-2014 02:01 PM - last edited on 05-16-2014 08:51 AM by Chronos
If you've upgraded to OS 10.2.1.x on your BB10 device you can now install any free Android app directly to your BB10 smartphone directly without any special converting and without the need to connect to your PC. This opens up BB10 to the thousands of Android apps available in the Google Play store. However, you need an app to quickly search for and install these Android apps.
The best app available so far is called Snap. Unfortunately, Snap can't be installed directly to the device since it's a native BlackBerry app and is not yet available in the BlackBerry App Store. However, it can be quickly loaded to your BB10 device using your PC.
Here is a quick and easy way of installing Snap on your BB10 device using your PC. Once Snap is installed on your device you won't need your computer to install Android apps on your device!
1. Download Sachesi for your computer Platform, i.e. Windows, Mac, Linux (Don't download the Sachesi bar file for BlackBerry or the apk file for Android)
2. Download Snap from here:
3. Connect your BB with the USB cable.
4. Double click on the Sachesi app you downloaded.
5. When it opens, click the "Install" tab. (If your device requires a password enter it here.)
6. Drag the Snap bar filed you downloaded in step 2 into the box under the install tab. As soon as you drop the file it will load to the device.
7. That's it! You can disconnect your device and enjoy direct downloading of Android apps on your BB10 device by opening Snap and using your Google Account.
Note: Not all Android apps will run on the BB10 and, occasionally, an app will not work quite as expected. However, the vast majority do run normally.
02-17-2014 08:31 PM
Valuable information for all who want to upgrade and not wait until the update is releasedby our operator.
It would also make a good listing of operators which has released 10.2.1
And which have not yet released.
02-17-2014 08:32 PM
02-17-2014 08:36 PM
03-02-2014 07:44 PM
I have a problem trying to install Sachesi on my BB Z10
Have followed your instructions - have upgraded the Z10 software to 10.2.1.537 OS 10.2.1.1925
Altered Country to 530 ( New Zealand )
Carrier 05 ( Telecom )
Device Z10 ( Not altered )
Variant STL 100-2 ( Not altered )
Go to Install - enter password for Z10 message appears - There is a problem connecting
Z10 is connected to laptop by USB cable
What do I need to do please ??
Have download the Snap file and this is sitting in my download file on laptop
Look forward to your response
03-02-2014 07:46 PM
03-03-2014 04:05 AM
Great - excellent - have successfully installed Snap on Z10 and downloaded the app that i needed from Google Play
03-06-2014 03:52 PM
When I upgraded my Z10 I had both that and my Playbook attached, and the Sachesi referred to the latter. I nearly forgot to remove it and re-open Sachesi.
But, I had the weird thought that I should upgrade the Playbook that way (and probably ruin it) and wondered if anyone had actually tried.
Just a thought!