Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB; Z10
My Carrier: telus

Re: You Upgraded to OS 10.2.1 and want to run Android Apps on Your BB10? Install Snap to Your Device!

An example of Android apps not working correctly.

One clear image is taken from an iPod of the Seagate Global Access app for a NAS. The other image is from the Android version where the listing is so bad that various categories are missing from the list (ca 200 categories).
iPod_Seagate_Access.jpg

Android_SeagateAccess.jpg

The third image is a screen shot from the Z10 of a Western Digital listing from an EX4 NAS: nothing wrong here.

Android_WDC_Access.jpg

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: You Upgraded to OS 10.2.1 and want to run Android Apps on Your BB10? Install Snap to Your Device!

I'm surprised your Global Seagate app still works on any device. I thought they discontinued that service.

The Android apps aren't perfect and some will have glitches here and there but by and large most apps work pretty good. I did read on CrackBerry, however, that the latest version of Candy Crush doesn't work. I guess it now requires Google Services. The previous versions still work fine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB; Z10
My Carrier: telus

I have installed both the Seagate Global Access, which still does come on their CD or off their site, and their Global Media. The only way to have those, and the Western Digital app, was to download using Snap.

That works, but the listing for the Seagate is lamentably poor. That it works cleanly on my iPod, an early version with a small screen is not useful given the size of some of the 15,000 odd images I have on the NAS boxes.
Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Verizon

I followed the instructions and is working great.  I found one website for downloading android apps that work great with BB Z30 and it's called 1mobile market.  They have a lot of apps. 

Diane

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

1Mobile works OK but Snap is much better. Smoother experience, much like BBWorld, and updates are easier. Snap is worth the few minutes it takes to install it. Trust me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10

Very useful.

Many thanks

Ian

----------------------------------------------------
Q10 | Vodafone UK | London
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Passport - Z30 - Playbook - Finding Priv
My Carrier: Not Specified

Thankx Smiley Happy Very Useful Contribution.

Regards Eree - Follow me on Twitter - Facebook - Google+

For more visit my Blog
Contributor
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: none

this Sachesi of a thing, requires Qt installed on PC?
Cause it wont start & gives me error message..!

Guru II

What error message?

Also, the best working version of Sachesi is 1.2.1 so see if you can find that for download somewhere.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

Sir,
Is it safe to install Snap?