Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

You Upgraded to OS 10.2.1 and want to run Android Apps on Your BB10? Install Snap to Your Device!

[ Edited ]

If you've upgraded to OS 10.2.1.x on your BB10 device you can now install any free Android app directly to your BB10 smartphone directly without any special converting and without the need to connect to your PC.  This opens up BB10 to the thousands of Android apps available in the Google Play store.  However, you need an app to quickly search for and install these Android apps. 

The best app available so far is called Snap.  Unfortunately, Snap can't be installed directly to the device since it's a native BlackBerry app and is not yet available in the BlackBerry App Store.  However, it can be quickly loaded to your BB10 device using your PC.

Here is a quick and easy way of installing Snap on your BB10 device using your PC.  Once Snap is installed on your device you won't need your computer to install Android apps on your device!

1.   Download Sachesi for your computer Platform, i.e. Windows, Mac, Linux (Don't download the Sachesi bar file for BlackBerry or the apk file for Android)

Sachesi

2.  Download Snap from here:

Snap

3.  Connect your BB with the USB cable.

4.  Double click on the Sachesi app you downloaded. 

5.  When it opens, click the "Install" tab. (If your device requires a password enter it here.)

6.  Drag the Snap bar filed you downloaded in step 2 into the box under the install tab.  As soon as you drop the file it will load to the device. 

7.  That's it!  You can disconnect your device and enjoy direct downloading of Android apps on your BB10 device by opening Snap and using your Google Account. 

Note:  Not all Android apps will run on the BB10 and, occasionally, an app will not work quite as expected.  However, the vast majority do run normally.   

Credits:

Sachesi:  http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/sachesi-firmware-extractor-searcher-installer-...

Snap:  http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-android-app-sideloading-f279/snap-download-apps-google-play-direct...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: You Upgraded to OS 10.2.1 and want to run Android Apps on Your BB10? Install Snap to Your Device!

Hello John_Clark Elite III

Excellent contribution.

Valuable information for all who want to upgrade and not wait until the update is releasedby our operator.

It would also make a good listing of operators which has released 10.2.1 
And which have not yet released.

Regards.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: You Upgraded to OS 10.2.1 and want to run Android Apps on Your BB10? Install Snap to Your Device!

It's not instructions for loading an OS

It's instructions for loading the app called Snap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

I understand misunderstand theme by Sachesi program.

Even so my thinking is to recommend the Snap application
Since it is native to BB10

And it has a lot of potential notified as with many improvements and more features.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
Developer
My Device: PassPort, Z30
My Carrier: Bell

What a great app. Android versions of Netflix and Crackle work great.

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Telecom NZ

Thank you

I have a problem trying to install Sachesi on my BB Z10

Have followed your instructions - have upgraded the Z10 software to 10.2.1.537 OS 10.2.1.1925

Altered Country to 530 ( New Zealand )

Carrier 05 ( Telecom )

Device Z10 ( Not altered )

Variant STL 100-2 ( Not altered )

Go to Install - enter password for Z10 message appears - There is a problem connecting

Z10 is connected to laptop by USB cable

What do I need to do please ??

Have download the Snap file and this is sitting in my download file on laptop

Look forward to your response

Thanks

Regards

david

Guru II

Sachesi should be installed on your computer.

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Telecom NZ

Great - excellent - have successfully installed Snap on Z10 and downloaded the app that i needed from Google Play

Many Thanks

Regards

David

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Mobiltel

This is amazing! Smiley Happy Thank you so much John! You are the best! Smiley Wink
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB; Z10
My Carrier: telus

When I upgraded my Z10 I had both that and my Playbook attached, and the Sachesi referred to the latter. I nearly forgot to remove it and re-open Sachesi.

But, I had the weird thought that I should upgrade the Playbook that way (and probably ruin it) and wondered if anyone had actually tried.

Just a thought!