Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verison

Z10- No Verbal Sound When Using Blackberry Maps

When using Bluetooth in car, I get no verbal directions when using BB Maps GPS navigation.  GPS works ok, but has no sound. When I used to use my BB Bold, Bluetooth for phone worked and verbal GPS also worked. OS 10.1 release did not fix the issue and hopefully the OS 10.2 release will fix the issue.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Z10- No Verbal Sound When Using Blackberry Maps

Hello jrcatfan,

Thank you for your question regarding the issue you are experiencing with BlackBerry Maps audio while connected to Bluetooth.

Does BlackBerry Maps verbal directions work correctly for when when not paired using Bluetooth?

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

BlackBerry maps verbal direction works great outside of car and when used in my 2d car that has no Bluetooth for the phone.
My Carrier: Vodafoone

Solution: Setting - Bluetooth - Tap the Found Car Bluetooth Device (Say Kia Motors) - Details - Switch off the audio stream........Job all done.

Highlighted
Contributor

When I open Bluetooth on my phone, it shows my phone is recognized. "ON" and shows the phone is "discoverable". If I change it from on to off, does my phones hands free still work? I need my phone to stay hands free so I can talk hands free via Bluetooth. Let me know and thanks for the help.