Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: dialog
Accepted Solution

cannot add contacts on whatsapp on z10

Can somebody please tell me how to add whatsapp contacts on the blackberry z10.  My old whatsapp contacts which were on my old phone show up with the name - but I cannot enter any new contacts - tried faves and everything.  I can only manually enter phone numbers to chat - which is hugely inconvenient.  My whatsapp contacts are on my regular contacts list.  Also, blackberry needs to offer the whatsapp option for contacts, like they do with sms, email, options when you view a contact.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: cannot add contacts on whatsapp on z10

i dont really know how whatsapp would work on the z10 but when i had it on my other phones i would need to add the contacts to the actual phone and then it would appear on the whatsapp list

New Contributor

yes - this is what i did on my earlier phone and those contacts show up on the bb's whatsapp - but not any new ones i add 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

here is the process:

1) enable WhatsApp Messenger to access your contacts database (this is done in the Z10 security options)

2) create one contact database (I use one that is linked to my email provider, GMail)

3) in that contacts database, create a new entry with a mobile phone number

4) WhatsApp after a while will display that contact in the contacts tab. And when that person will use WhatsApp on their side, the contact will also be in the Favourites tab (thus no need to type their phone number anymore).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thanks. Will try it.
New Contributor

It worked!  Thanks :-) :-)

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

hi...
stage 1 is done.
stage 2 - how to create a new contact database?
New Contributor

No need to create a new database. Just add the contact name again on your existing contacts folder. And it will display on whatsapp faves when that person messages you
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

gosh. it doesn't work. a bit frustrates me.

all new contact I have created are stored in SIM card, and all of those numbers do not recognized by Whatsapp, when they initiate contact - the device keep asks for Block or Add afterwards, and if I chose Add, it leads me to create another file on contact, and it still doesn't recognized.
New Contributor

I have stored my contacts on a Google account. Might be worth your while to do the same since you're using a smartphone