Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

My Device: z10
My Carrier: AT&T

epocrates drug app for the Z10

I have the 9900 smartphone with the 7.1 OS. It allows me to use the epocrates app. I am now told on the epocrates website that it will not be available on the Z10.  And it isn't available for my playbook. This is a major app for anyone in the medical profession. We need it on us not only in the computer at the office. Why is Blackberry reducing the apps currently available and needed? If I cannot have the epocrates app on the z10, I will not buy it, much as I want to.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: epocrates drug app for the Z10

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

BlackBerry is not "at fault" here...the app developers choose what devices they will support and which they will not. BB10 is a revolutionary change from prior BB devices...and apps must be totally re-written to run on BB10. While I've heard that app development for BB10 is actually easier than prior BB models, it nevertheless is a complete re-write that they'd have to undertake.

Each app developer makes their own choice as to what devices they will support. BlackBerry do not restrict app developers from writing their app for BB10...the developer makes that choice.

So, it seems your complaint would be better raised with the epocrates folks...doesn't it? Unless I am misunderstanding?

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Carrier: AT&T

Hey thanks SD. Appreciate your feedback.

I did talk with the epocrates people and they have no plans at the moment..  However I did figure out that since I can get the epocrates program online, I can access it through the internet via the cellphone and my playbook.  So I will do that especially with the Z10 being a real 4G phone. Thanks again for your input.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Also don't discount "side loading" apps...I found several of my favorite Android apps available for side loading to my Z10, and even am now looking at how to convert other apps for that purpose myself to see if I can do that (it might not work, but it's worth a try!).

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Carrier: warid

How did u sideloaded android appli on z10
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

fari wrote:
How did u sideloaded android appli on z10

A few seconds on Google will provide you with detailed instructions...no need to re-type what already exists...for example:

There are many more tutorials out there...all you need to do is search and you will find.

Good luck!