Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL-100-2
My Carrier: Klarmobil

forwarding an (ipad) email does not forward attachments correctly

[ Edited ]

Dear users,

I would like to have your opinion on the following issue.

I often receive an email sent from iPad, which I am not able to forward correctly. Specifically, some attachments are ignored in the compose window. My friend uses Skype to make screenshosts, then selects them and send them to me. I cannot influence the way they are working and I am glad they have gone so far with technologies...

The received message has 2*N attachments, where N is the number of pictures attached. There is also N text attachments, which I am able to open and read -- they are comments to the pictures. When I forward the email, only the text attachments are attached and sent. They cannot be opened on the recipient side and are of lesser value (they are commenting the pictures). All of the attachments are named in the form "ATT00#.txt" "obrazek #.png", where the cross-hash is a sequential number.

One of such emails looks as follows:

IMG_20140427_203958.png

When forwarded, the message (the edit window) receives only the text attachements:

IMG_20140428_115840.png

The same message on my GMail account looks as follows. Here, the text attachments are inlined into the email.

the email on GMail.png

Does anybody know, how to tell BB10 to re-attach all the attachments form the original email?

Workaround: Currectly, I forward these emails, when I am in on the GMail webpage. In urgent cases, I download the PNG attachments and reattach them manually in the compose window.

Cheers,

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: forwarding an (ipad) email does not forward attachments correctly

I too have this issue, any ideas on what causes it?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL-100-2
My Carrier: Klarmobil

Re: forwarding an (ipad) email does not forward attachments correctly

Thanks for confirming the issue dear Polocoste. It is not solved up to now. And I have no new information either. Cheers