Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

My Device: z10
My Carrier: BlackBerry

running applications

I just changed from a bold to a Z10, I'm also just starting running, i see i cannot download any applications like Nike, runkeeper or endomondo
Can you suggest an app you have?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: running applications

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As has always been, the app developers must port their app to every device model number and major OS level combination that they choose to support. If the apps you desire are not available, then the developer has not yet written them for BB10...but only the developer can tell you if/when such will happen.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

I know this is an old thread. However, I was searching for something related to RunKeeper and this post came up. I thought I'd throw in some info . . .

RunKeeper is my favorite app. Besides those built in to my Z10, like the phone, email and browser apps, I use it more than any other. Here is a little history, and how I use it:

- RunKeeper used to be available on the Amazon App Store and utilized OpenSource Maps (or whatever it's called), rather than Google Maps. I downloaded it there (free version) and it worked GREAT! This was early 2014.

- Then, Amazon App Store notified my that there was a new version of the Amazon App Store, so I upgraded. Big mistake. RunKeeper immediately stopped working correctly. After some wrangling, I was able to return to both previous versions.

- Then, RunKeeper stopped updating their App through Amazon, and went exclusive to Google Play (and started using the Google Map feature or something). This was also a disaster for two reasons: Google Play doesn't work right native to BB AND, you had to be signed in to Google Play to make it work. No bueno.

So, after a number of support conversations and some trial and error, this is what I have figured out, if you want RunKeeper to work:

- never "update" the Amazon App Store App. You can still download Amazon App Store Apps without letting it update on its own.

- don't try and download the RunKeeper app from any app store. Just find the APK file for version 3.9.1 and it will work fine. I believe that 3.9.1 was the last version that didn't require Google Play.

I have been using this version of RunKeeper for over 2 years, and it has worked just fine. (About every 20 workouts or so, I may have to shut it down and restart my phone, if it acts funny.) I prefer RunKeeper, because in addition to the functionality of the app, making edits to activities or routes at RunKeeper.com is more friendly.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

CascaRun Pro is a native Blackberry 10 app, being using it for 3 years with regular updates.