Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

New Contributor
My Device: Q10

use BB as pager for work

Pagers are still valuable at work when you need to be available 24/7 by phone and don’t want to make your smartphone number public. There are several apps available that let you do exactly that, and even worked with older BB OS’s.

How is it possible that blackberry, maker of the original multitasking pager,  has failed to make OS 10 compatible with these apps?  This would be an opportunity to win back a niche of the market- the medical and federal community.

There may be a solution with OnPage in the works. In the meantime, anyone aware of an app that allows an individual person  to forward phone pages to the Q10?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: use BB as pager for work

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Actually, you have it the wrong way around. With all computing devices, it has always been that the app developers need to make their app compatible with the device/OS, not as you propose that the device/OS maintain compatibility with apps. Hence, it's actually the developers of the apps you desire that you should be pressuring to update their apps to support the platform of your choice.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Q10

Re: use BB as pager for work

txs for ur reply. OnPage did reply to my email about the issue, say they are working with BB for resolution.
Still means I am wearing 2 devices until can get app for Q10 to function as pager. Other apps I found also work with older BB OS, but not 10.