Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

5.0 Camera Frame Access

Hi,

I am looking to access frame by frame from the camera/video. I think it is supported in 5.0. Can someone help me out how to access the frame.

Is FramePositioningControl supported? I am getting NULL value.

Thanks

PR

Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 5.0 Camera Frame Access

[ Edited ]

From what I can tell from the documentation, it has been implemented since API 4.0. I'm pretty sure support is Player dependent, you could call getControls() to see what Controls are supported by the Player you are using.

EDIT: Woops, I did a search for more information and found a link to these forums. FramePositioningControl is not supported. Source: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Does-JDE-5-0-supports-FramePositioningContro...

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 5.0 Camera Frame Access

Thanks. I did found that link.

From my understand from 5.0 API, providing video streaming/capture which means we should be able to capture frames. But for some how I do not find events on that.

If someone found a way to get around. Please help me .