Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

8520: Disabling/enabling the Standby key in an applicaton

Hi,

The 8520 is a device with the media keys on the top.  I wish to handle these keys so I followed this knowledge base article:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/1089414/What_I... 

The problem is that holding the play/pause key no longer lets the device go into standby mode.  This happens in the sample program given in the article too.  It seems that if you return true in the keyDown() method, the key is consumed and you won't be able to enter standby mode but if you return false a single click will send you to the 'Media' screen. 

Is there a way to handle the key so that the device doesn't go to the 'Media' screen, but allows holding the key to go into standby mode?

Thanks,

-Brian 

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: ATT

Re: 8520: Disabling/enabling the Standby key in an applicaton

I have a similar problem.  No matter how briefly I press the standby key to bring the phone back from standby mode, the media center opens immediately after.  Is there any way to disable this function?