Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

907 Invalid COD

I am building an app by compiling with RAPC an existent JAD file.It has 267kB and it's split in 3 COD files.

The first download on the device succeeds. At the second download the browser asks about replacing old app and after download says "Download failed" - "907 invalid COD" and the application is deleted on the device.

The third download works. The fourth fails again like the second one.

You can see the same behaviour with Opera Mini http://mini.opera.com.

Device used is AT&T Torch 9800 6.0 Bundle 278 (v6.0.0.141, Platform 6.4.0.64).

Traian.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: 907 Invalid COD

check this kb article:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/907-Invalid-Jar-Error-when-installing-...

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 907 Invalid COD

[ Edited ]
    Chekced all problems from KB article:

1. The COD file is corrupt.
  2. Not applicable because it's workingfor first and odd downloads and devices with OS 4.
  3. The RIM-COD-SHA1, RIM-COD-Size, MIDlet-Jar-Size, or MIDlet-Jar-URL parameters, specified in the Jav....
  4. Not applicable because it's working for first and odd downloads and devices with OS 4.
  5. You have installed a large application with the WAP Browser.
  6. Torch does not have WAP browser (no settings in browser oprtions)
  7. You have attempted to install, with the WAP Browser or Internet Browser, a COD file that contains s....
  8. Torch does not have WAP browser (no settings in browser oprtions)
  9. The browser is unable to locate COD files listed in the JAD file.
  10. Not applicable because it's working for first and odd downloads and devices with OS 4.
  11. Certain versions of the BlackBerry® Device Software can display the error during the installation o....
  12. Not applicable. Issue existed between 4.0.0.171 and 4.0.0.215. Devices affected are 6.0
  13. The MIME types for JAD and COD files have not been configured correctly on the web server hosting t....
  14. Correct MIME type sent (GET http://mini.opera.com/dl/TOMEH4eH*wo5eRAhcL8ATij*Dw8CZGVmYXVsdF8yMDA5LnBuZw==/mini.cod in Fiddler2)
  15. An application has exceeded the maximum number of preverification stack maps allowed for a specific...
  16. Not applicable because it's workingfor first and odd downloads and devices with OS 4.
  17. The filename of a COD file referenced in the JAD file contains multiple periods.
  18. Not applicable because it's workingfor first and odd downloads and devices with OS 4.
  19. You have attempted to install, with the Blackberry Browser (BES/MDS), a COD file that contains sibl...
  20. Not applicable because it's workingfor first and odd downloads and devices with OS 4.

From what I see on second download the AMS(if it exists on BBs like on J2ME) fails to replace the application. It deletes the old one and fails to install new one.
    After this step the application does not exist on device thus the third download succeds.