Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

A java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java development Kit (JDK) must be available...

I installed eclipse-SDK-3.4.2-win32-x86_64 and jdk-6u16-windows-x64 on a machine running Vista 64.

The app launches fine and I goto to install the BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse 1.0.0.67 plugin and restart the application and I get the following errors:

Error - BlackBerry Java Development Environment
Cannot find RIMIDEWin32Util.dll. This is a required component of the IDE.

Click OK and Get:

Error - BlackBerry Java Development Environment
Cannot find RIMUsdJni.dll.  Without this dll the IDE cannot connect to USB enabled handhelds.
Add RIMUsbJni to java.library.path

I then uninstalled jdk-6u16-windows-x64 and installed jdk-6u16-windows-i586.

I now get error: 

A java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Eclipse.  No Java virtual

machine was found after searching the following locations: 
C:\Users\Charles\Cownloads\JDE\JAVA\eclipse-SDK-3.4.2.win32-x86_64\eclipse\jre\bin\javaw.exe
javaw.exe in your current PATH

I saw something about updating your JAVA_PATH....How do you update the path?

Please Help!

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: A java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java development Kit (JDK) must be available...

The BlackBerry JDE and BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse do not support 64 bit editions of JDK.  Please install a 32 bit JDK.  The following link verifies this information.

Support - Error when debugging: Cannot find RIMIDEWin32Util.dll. This is a required component of the IDE.
Article Number: DB-00680

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800901/Support_-_Erro...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker