Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Accelerometer in Torch

Has anyone tried getting raw accelerometer data from the Torch Simulator?

I am getting very strange results.

New Contributor

Re: Accelerometer in Torch

I have the same problem. I haven't real device, so I should test my app, which used AccelerometerData, on simulator... And when I rotate or change orientation of the simulator, data from accelerometer (x, y, z or orientation) doesn't change (((

Developer

The good news is this doesn't happen on Android.  Smiley Tongue

New Contributor

Robot Happy

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

one observation i made is that accelerometer dont works when hardware keyboard is open.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Developer

mohitsharma wrote:

one observation i made is that accelerometer dont works when hardware keyboard is open.

Yeah, well it doesn't work when it's closed either.  Smiley Very Happy

I don't have a real Torch to test on so I'm hoping this is just the simulator acting bad.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

i tried on real device its working perfectly fine retrieving x.y,z g-force values. I got these values even when the h/w keyboard is open.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Developer

That's good to know.  Thanks!

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 (White)
My Carrier: Vodafone

So, just to clarify, has anyone got the accelerometer working in the torch 9800 simulator? When I run it, I do get onData events triggered, but the values for x,y and z are all the same, no matter what the orientation is. It's a shame because loading onto the device takes an absolute age each time!