Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Access MMS on AT&T with OS 4.5?

I have a program I'm working on that captures SMS messages and I want to capture MMS as well.

I'm using a BB Curve 8310 with OS 4.5 on the AT&T network.

I have tried setting up the connection to listen for "mms://:0" and it does not respond to inbound messages.

However when I listen for "sms://:0" I get the SMS message with what looks like the data I would need to

access the MMS stuff.   However when I try to access the URL listed:

http://209.183.34.195:8004/<some doc #>;retrynocontext=true;DeviceSide=true;ConnectionUID=MMS trans 

from my application it either times out or gets a connection closed.

From looking at the posts using MMS on a pre-OS 4.6 device isn't going to work, but I have not seen if using

the SMS data would be possible.   Has anyone tried and had any success with this?

Any information of how to get the contents of a MMS to an 8310 on the AT&T network with an OS of 4.5 would be

greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Shawn 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Access MMS on AT&T with OS 4.5?

There is no way for an application to listen for all incoming MMS messages.  When listening for MMS messages, an application ID must be specified.  Only MMS messages that match that ID are captured.  The sending application also specifies a message ID when sending. 
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
New Developer

I'm not looking to capture all MMS messages, but those directed to the default MMS app.  However in looking through various docs I'm not seeing what the Application ID for standard MMS messages is set to.  

Any thoughts on that? 

-Shawn 

New Developer

<bump/>

Any ideas on this?