Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: Not Specified

ActiveRichTextField Redirect Please Help!

I recently read the knowledgebase article:

Great piece of information regarding the use of StringPatterns. I am currently testing an application built with JDE v4.0.2. I am attempting to use the example ZipCodeLookupSample from the above article. When I run the sample it works famously. I have gone ahead and created my own example using the sample as a template and I cannot for the life of me get any object other than the Pattern class itself to get called. I have tried every possible thing. I could really use some more help on this one. The ActiveFieldCookie object never gets called and as a result my menu never gets added. My pattern works and returns true and is called as frequently as the sample pattern class fieldMatch method is called. I have dropped println statements and breakpoints everywhere and nothing gets hit.

Please help ... my head hurts Smiley Sad

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: ActiveRichTextField Redirect Please Help!

Please verify that you have obtained the correct ApplicationDescriptor and are using that within the PatternRepository.addPattern call.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker