Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Add fields at the bottom instead of top.

I am adding four bitmap fields to a Horizontal Field Manager and using these as buttons/tabs to switch between 4 screens (each bitmap field mapped to one vertical field manager). This is a tabbed layout.

The horizontal manager is then added to mainscreen. The whole thing works fine. But i want the horizontal manager to be added at the bottom of the mainscreen instead of top.

The bitmap fields (tabs) are visible at the top of the screen, is there a way to place them at the bottom of the screen?

Thanks for help

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Add fields at the bottom instead of top.

you can use the status manager for this.
see setStatus() in the main screen.

as an alternative you can build a similar construct using several vertical field managers.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

For this you can customise your MainScreen.And then extend screens from that Screen.In this manner you can provide all the screens same look.

And the second thing is that, you can override layout(width, height) of  Manager.And then add your tabbed-horizontal Manager. In this way you can make your Horizontal Tab-Bar appear at the bottom.

Thanks and Regards
Highlighted
Developer

I solved this few days back by making a Custom Manager for my screen. 

MyManager implements Manager andin this class i override the subLayout method.

in sublayout i use layout and setpositionChild to arrange the children of this manager. 

New Developer

Do you have the code? Can you post the sample of how you got the tabs at bottom of screen.