Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Adding Background image to the Manger

I usually do this:

all my Screens extend a custom screen class ("DefaultScreen") with the following constructor:

public DefaultScreen(){

Then i just add managers as i want to with this.add(myManager).

So my normal screen never scrolls, I always add a

private VerticalFieldManager vfmMain = new VerticalFieldManager(Manager.VERTICAL_SCROLL);

and add all the other rest there. you can mix any manager you want with that as long as none has it's own background.

blog: http://coding.westreicher.org
twitter: http://www.twitter.com/meredrica

I have actually tried removing all managers but the mainVerticalManager and still the backgound image only comes up til a certain point. I cant seem to figure out what could be the problem.. Could the size of the image be of concern?

As i mentioned in my prev post, i tried a similar layout.

i dont see any issues in scrolling.

PM me, if u need code.

I have fixed my problem with the following code :

FullScreen newScreen = new FullScreen(Manager.NO_VERTICAL_SCROLL){
         	  protected void paint(Graphics graphics)
         	    graphics.drawBitmap( (this.getWidth() / 2) - (_backgroundBitmap .getWidth() /2),
                           (this.getHeight() / 2) - (_backgroundBitmap .getHeight() /2),
                           _backgroundBitmap .getWidth(),
                           _backgroundBitmap .getHeight(),
                           _backgroundBitmap ,0,0);

That is now it comes fully . The whole screen has the background.. But am having some sort of screen paint issue. for Eg: when an object choice field is clicked the background surrounding it goes white.. Plus if i were to scroll a really long page the screen just goes crazy with the background here and there . I guess the screen needs to be repainted each time a scroll happens . I am not sure how efficient that would be . I dont know if we can catch the scroll event of the mainVertical manager...  

Click the Kudos! badge on left side of the message , if you are happy with a solution given by a user. When you do so, you are saying thanks to its author.
Mark a reply as a solution , if you think your question has been answered.
To mark a message as a solution: Click "Accept as solution" icon on the reply.